Saturday, October 18, 2008

biodata

Coming from a Christian family and having attended mission schools since young, (Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School, Primary and Secondary,Anglo-Chinese Junior college), the ups and downs in life have only served to strengthen my beliefs. Currently a 3rd year Life Sciences undergraduate in National University of Singapore (NUS), I am pretty much enjoying the varsity life. Back in secondary school, I had the opportunity to expand my musical knowledge in the Chinese music and subsequently became president of the PL Guzheng Tuan. Under my lead, we successfully clinched the Gold in SYF. My other passion lies in baking. I’ve learnt that baking is not just an art, but also a science of experimenting with the ingredients. It has also taught me the importance of being meticulous, accurate and patient.

I believe my training in the sciences academically and exposure to the arts have greatly prepared me for pursuing my dream of becoming a successful baker and entrepreneur.

5 comments:

Shaun Ler said...

Hey You Fei! Your biodata is concrete, concise and well-balanced. Just by reading it, I could infer that you have a gift in music and possess leadership qualities as well. You provided your academic background also mentioned your interest in baking and your aspirations to be a successful baker and entrepreneur. I have tried the muffins and cakes that you baked and I am quite confident that you will achieve that aim in in future. =)

Joyce said...

Hi Youfei! I really like how you linked Science to baking, because I would have never thought of that! By reading your biodata, I have the impression that you bake really well although I've not been as lucky as Shaun to have tried your muffins. Also, I think its great that you mentioned your aspirations, because if informs the reader of your purpose in life and that you actually know what you already what. Well done!

Chong Guan said...

Hi You Fei! Firstly, when are you going to bring your muffins and cakes to class and let us try? Haha! Anyway, I think the order of your first and second sentences should be swapped as I think it would give more flow. I would also agree with what Joyce said, I like the way you linked Science to baking and the values that you have developed from it. Perhaps you should also make your post shorter as I think the word limit is only 100 words. A good post nonetheless!

Matthew said...

Hey You Fei, a baker entrepreneur sounds very cute. haha. Anyway, I feel that you have covered quite a few aspects about your life and even given us your interests and aspirations for the future. Only one small observation. I feel that telling us how strong your beliefs are, how much you enjoy varsity life and whether baking is a science or an art may not be relevant in a biodata. However, that still depends on what point you want to bring across. Hope this helps. Also, I have yet to have the privilege of trying your muffins. :)

grace kim said...

Hi You Fei, looks like everyone is waiting to try your muffins and cakes!

It's interesting how you related baking to science and the development of certain important character traits such as patience and meticulousness.

All the best in your journey to becoming a successful entreprenurial baker!